Your decision to be a surrogate could bring immeasurable joy into the lives of people who long to have a family. Although many seem to have a very easy time growing their families, others struggle with the inability to carry a baby or suffer from infertility. For these people, surrogacy is the only way they can experience what it’s like to be part of a child’s life from the very start. That is a miracle very few are willing and able to grant, so your decision to become a surrogate mother in Pittsburgh, PA is truly amazing.
You Need to Meet Certain Requirements to Become a Surrogate Mother in Pittsburgh, PA
Part of what makes surrogates so very special is that not everyone is eligible to become one. There are certain requirements a gestational surrogate must meet, in order to ensure her health, as well as the baby’s.
If you’d like to become a surrogate mother in Pittsburgh, PA you must:
- Have already had one healthy pregnancy and delivery.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 40.
- Be generally healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Be height and weight proportionate, with a BMI of 32 or less.
- Be a non-smoker and non-drinker with a lifestyle conducive to a healthy pregnancy.
- Be self-sufficient and not dependent on your surrogacy payment as a source of income.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania (as a US Citizen or with a Green Card) and not have a criminal record.
- Have a genuine desire to help fulfill someone else’s dream of becoming a parent.
- Be willing to involve the intended parents in the pregnancy.
We Will Help You Find Your Ideal Match
Part of our job as a surrogacy agency is to interview and screen intended parents as well as surrogates. We do this very carefully, in order to create surrogacy teams with similar values, as it makes the process very smooth. In fact, many of our surrogacy teams have so much in common that they form a very strong bond and remain in contact even after the baby is born. Naturally, we’ll also give both parties the opportunity to meet up and get to know one another, before a final decision to go forward is made.
We Will Guide You Through the Process
There will be a flurry of activity once you’re cleared to become a surrogate mother in Pittsburgh, PA. We’ll help you and the intended parents reach agreements on numerous decisions that may come into play throughout the pregnancy and we’ll help ensure that all legal documents are completed, so that everyone knows what’s expected and is protected. We also make all the financial arrangements, so there is no question about when or how you’ll receive your stipend. Certain milestones and medical appointments will need to be tracked, and we’ll handle much of this as well, though you’ll be responsible for making it to any necessary meetings and appointments.
If you’re going to become a surrogate mother in Pittsburgh, PA, it’s a good idea to have a support system in place, and to discuss the process with your significant other in advance. When you’re ready to begin the process, start by filling out our quick online application.