Would you like to become a surrogate mother in Erie, PA? Your selfless decision can bring immeasurable joy into the lives of people that long to have a complete family. Although many seem to have a very easy time growing their families, others struggle with not being able to carry a baby or suffer from infertility. For these individuals, surrogacy is the only way they can experience what it’s like to be a natural part of a child’s life from the start. That is a miracle very few are willing and able to assist with, so your decision to become a surrogate mother in Erie, PA is truly amazing.
You Have to Meet Specific Prerequisites to Become a Surrogate Mother in Erie, PA
Part of what makes surrogates incredibly exceptional is that not everyone is qualified to become one. There are specific prerequisites a gestational surrogate must meet, in order to assure her health, as well as the baby’s.
If you ‘d like to become a surrogate mother in Erie, PA, you need to:
- Have an honest desire to help fulfill someone else’s dream of becoming a father or mother.
- Be inclined to involve the intended parents in the pregnancy.
- Live in Pennsylvania (as a US Citizen or with a Green Card) and not have a criminal history.
- Be self-sufficient and not dependent on your surrogacy payment as an income source.
- Be alcohol, nicotine, and drug-free with a lifestyle conducive to a healthy pregnancy.
- Be height and weight balanced, with a BMI of 32 or less.
- Be overall healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 40.
- Have already had at least one healthy delivery and pregnancy.
We Will Locate Your Best Match
Part of our obligation as a surrogacy agency is to screen and interview surrogates as well as intended parents. We do this attentively, in order to build surrogacy teams with the same values, as it makes the journey very smooth. Actually, a number of surrogacy teams have so much in common that they form a very strong relationship and remain in touch even after the baby is born. Needless to say, we’ll also give the two of you the opportunity to meet and get to know one another, before a final agreement to go forward is made.
We Will Be With You Throughout the Journey
You will have a flurry of activity after you’re cleared to become a surrogate mother in Erie, PA. We’ll help the surrogacy team reach agreements on numerous decisions that may come into play throughout the process and we’ll help make sure that all legal papers are completed, so that everyone knows what’s expected and is protected. We also make all the financial arrangements, so there is no doubt about how or when you’ll receive your funds. Certain milestones and medical appointments will have to be tracked, and we’ll deal with much of this as well, though you’ll be accountable for making it to any required appointments.
If you’re intending to become a surrogate mother in Erie, PA, it’s a good idea to have a support system set up, and to talk about the process with your significant other in advance. When you’re ready to begin the process, start by completing our simple online application.